|Cabbage spring rolls.|
This winter students celebrated January’s Harvest of the Month, cabbage, by making cabbage spring rolls. The students loved soaking rice paper and wrapping the ingredients together. Students used grated carrots, sliced cabbage, chopped mint, cooked rice noodles and diced avocados to make this tasty treat. Student’s also dipped the spring rolls in sunflower butter sauce (peanut sauce can also be substituted).
Spring Rolls Recipe:
*1 packet of rice papers
*1 packet of rice noodles (cooked in hot water for 2 minutes).
*1 cup of grated carrots
*1 cup of shredded purple cabbage
*4 tablespoons diced mint
*1 avocado diced
Dipping Sauce Recipe:
*1/2 cup sunflower butter or peanut butter
*1/4 cup soy sauce
*1/4 cup orange juice
*1 tablespoon honey
*1 clove garlic minced
1. Combine all dipping sauce ingredients in a sauce pan.
2. Heat over medium.
3. Stir consistently until sauce thickens.
4. Heat water for rice noodles.
5. Place hot water in a baking pan.
6. Dip rice paper in hot water until smooth.
7. Fill rice paper will prepared ingredients (carrots, cabbage, mint, avocado, noodles).
8. Wrap rice paper like a burrito.
9. Dip spring roll in peanut sauce.
|Student soaking rice paper.|
|Ingredients for spring rolls.|