|Black bean burgers with peach salsa|
It was a beautiful day in Santa Cruz. I spent most of the day digging out soil and rewiring the gopher wire on the garden beds. The task proved to be backbreaking and hot in the sun. After all the work, I wanted something light and fresh for dinner. I decided on black bean burgers and salsa. Dinner was ready in less than 40 minutes and the summery taste was a perfect way to end a good day.
Black Bean Burgers (Serves 2-3)
*1 can of black beans drained
*4 tablespoons of sour cream
*3 small cloves of garlic peel and diced
*1 cup of grated carrots
*1 cup of grated sweet potatoes
*1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
*1 teaspoon salt
*1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola
*3 peaches diced
*3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
*1/2 small red onion diced
*2 limes juiced
*1 ½ teaspoons agave nectar
*Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mash drained black beans and sour cream together until half of the black beans are broken.
- Add sweet potatoes, carrots, garlic, salt and whole wheat flour to the bean mixture.
- Oil a baking sheet. Form and flatten 6 small burgers and place on the tray. Bake burgers until slightly brown. Add crumbled gorgonzola and take out burgers when the cheese is melted.
- In a separate bowl, add peaches, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, agave nectar and salt. Mix with a spoon.
- One burgers are cooked, serve salsa on the burgers and enjoy.
|Grated sweet potato and carrots with diced garlic.|
|Black bean mixture|
|Carrying dinner to the porch|